Tuesday, February 14, 2017

February....

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate February?

There are too many bad things that happen in February. The anniversary of my dad's death is in February, and Valentine's Day never lives up to its expectations.

This year, Moscow's winter is HORRIBLE. I haven't seen grass in months! Just when the weather is looking like it'll warm up and be normal, it decides to send another snow storm (and I'm not exaggerating; we've had at least 2 legit snow storms in the last month).

The kids and I haven't played outside in several months! I am soooo TIRED of being cooped up in the house. Some call it "Cabin Fever"; I call it "Mom Fever", because I'm stuck with my kids (which wouldn't be bad if we were in our new house....).



Anyway, I think I'll do our normal monthly update now.



Family Update:
Benjamin had his first birthday! He had a fun time at his party, and of course played with everything BUT his new toys. Emmalyn loves playing with baby dolls, and anything that resembles a doll is immediately nurtured like a baby would be. Joey is very good at helping me out; he can keep his siblings entertained, grab me diapers, and even help feed his siblings! He loves to read books, and he helps Emmalyn read some books too.

House Update
Last Saturday, Jonathan and I got to go work on the house together! We painted the entire interior of the house (ceiling and walls), and we were even able to do a second coat on the ceiling (I never realized how much painting a ceiling would suck! It definitely needed a second coat!). The main guy in charge (Dave S) expected just the ceiling to be done, not the entire house! We got to paint an accent wall (the color below is the one we picked).



Our cabinets are in the house! They are in their boxes, in the middle of the living room, in one big, stacked up pile! The countertops are also in the house (down in the basement)! I absolutely LOVE them!!! I almost started crying when I saw them because they are perfect for us! The interior doors are also in the house; but they need to be cut 


Life with 3 littles Update
What I've learned about having three: 
It's a lot of fun when they all start playing together! It's funny when the older two copy the baby, and when the baby laughs at them for copying him, it's the best!

What I'm enjoying right now: 
Well, the snow is finally melting, which is putting me in a much better mood. I'm a bit more energetic, and I think the kids notice that. I think the kids are in much better moods too.
What our biggest struggles are: 
Being surprised by what the kids can actually do. Emmalyn is now able to climb out of her crib, and can climb up one of the dressers. Joey found some matches, and actually was able to light one (it was a strike on box one though!!!). Obviously, we put those out of reach (they were out of reach to begin with, but not out of sight. That's our fault). When we move, I think I'm not going to give the kids dressers, or give them the plastic, clear, drawers instead (we could paint them, they're cheaper, and they won't kill a child if it falls over on them).
What I'm looking forward to: 
Moving into the house! I can't wait until the boys are in their own room, and Emmalyn has her own room. I can't wait to have my own bathroom (that I share with Jonathan haha), and a ginormous closet. I can't wait to have a huge front area (the kitchen, dining room, and living room are pretty much one big room), and someday finish the downstairs so the kids can go play in their own area.

No comments:

Post a Comment