It's been a while since I posted about minimalizing our stuff....and that's probably because we haven't done any more than that first blog post :(
It's actually harder than I thought. I have a calendar white board and a regular white board (for the kids' behavior chart thing). I pinned a list of a 30 day declutter challenge thing, and hopefully, seeing something up where we look a lot is going to be helpful....
I'm so worried about bringing all of our junk with us to the new house. I keep telling people "oh, we're going to declutter all of our junk and stuff before we move so we can have a fresh start of having a clean house".....but we haven't actually gotten around to just taking a weekend and cleaning everything out....
I would really love it if someone were to take all three kids for an entire day (from mid morning to late evening), and Jonathan and I could just tackle it all at once.
Most of our clutter junk is probably toys, papers, and random stuff that we don't use. I'm going to try to get the kids to pick out a specific number of toys to keep, then we'll donate or chuck the rest. We'll see how that goes....
I kind of figured that with all of our junk, someone would probably want to buy it. Well, that really ISN'T the case. I keep looking at the selling pages on facebook, and most things on there that are similar to what I have, no one wants. It is January, so everyone is broke (or is able to afford brand new things, so they won't be looking for used items). I've decided that I'm not going to bother with trying to sell stuff. If it's really worth selling, it's worth keeping, or giving to friends and family, or the swap at church.
Bleh. Well, I guess we'll see how the next month with trying to get rid of more stuff goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment