Monday, March 13, 2017

March

Family Update:
Well, everyone is doing well. Benjamin is very very close to walking on his own. He could walk on his own if he just let go of our hands, or the couch, or whatever her is holding onto at the moment. Emmalyn is becoming more and more talkative, speaking in 2-3 word sentences! We don't plan to potty train until we move, and I think we'll ALL be excited for that! Joey has a couple books memorized, and will read them to his siblings. I love it. I hope my kids have a love for reading like I did as a kid.
Jonathan is doing well at SEL. He only has about 9 months left of school, and then he is DONE! I can't wait!

House Update
Well, the countertops were put in a couple weeks ago! They are gorgeous, and I love how my kitchen looks. I feel bad that I haven't posted any pictures, but we have taken lots.
We're getting down to the last of it! I think that all that's left is trim around doors, the baseboard trim, spackling (which is kind of like a mud to cover any teeny tiny holes made by nailing trim in. I did that on Saturday, and I liked it a lot), touch up painting, and finish putting the doors and their knobs in (I think there's only like 3 left, and I helped with that too on Saturday, and each door probably only took 5-10 minutes). Then the wait of 2-4 weeks to finish paperwork, and then move in (I hope)!


Life with 3 littles Update

What I've learned about having three:
It's hard having three kids 4 and under in ONE bedroom. It's not just the space, but also the fact that they keep each other awake at night. At least they won't be lonely right? Right. Haha.

What I'm enjoying right now: 
We're talking about moving into the new house. This is probably the first (and most likely only) move for them as little kids, so they might remember something from it. I'm going to be painting one wall in each of the kids' bedrooms (two for the boys' room, since there's two of them). I've been asking Joey what color he would like, and he's having fun with it too.
What our biggest struggles are: 
Getting everyone to actually take a nap, not just lay in their beds and play. Bedtime is also a struggle, but not as horrible as naptime :'(
What I'm looking forward to: 
Like I've said before; MOVING. I can't wait to finish the kids' rooms, and seeing how the kids will love their new home. The end is in sight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment