Emmalyn's birthday was fun. She is now a 2 year old, and is good at showing it.
All three kids recently got over coughs. I tried elderberry syrup for them, as I had heard it is the best stuff, but it did nothing. I'll stick to Hyland's medicines from now on. They've never let me down haha.
We've switched to plastic and paper products for the next few months. I'm tired of washing dishes by hand and then having to wash them all over again a few hours later. We're also trying to pack up things that aren't necessities, so that we aren't overwhelmed when the time to pack up everything comes.
All three kids recently got over coughs. I tried elderberry syrup for them, as I had heard it is the best stuff, but it did nothing. I'll stick to Hyland's medicines from now on. They've never let me down haha.
We've switched to plastic and paper products for the next few months. I'm tired of washing dishes by hand and then having to wash them all over again a few hours later. We're also trying to pack up things that aren't necessities, so that we aren't overwhelmed when the time to pack up everything comes.
I'm also trying to clean out all of our boxes that we never opened ever since we moved to Moscow almost 3 years ago. Anything we don't want or need, we're trying to sell, and if it doesn't sell, we'll donate it. I am tired of having so much junk in our place.
I had blood work done about a week ago. My thyroid, liver, and kidney functions are all normal. My vitamin D and ferritin levels are low. Vitamin D is good for lots of things. Ferritin is your iron stores. My iron levels were normal. Oddly enough, I was on a heavy day of my period when my blood was drawn, just to see how low my iron gets.
I'm incredibly thankful for the SEL Clinic. Because we have insurance through SEL, we don't have to pay anything (even a copay) to be seen there, and have tests done (that they can do in their own lab).
I had blood work done about a week ago. My thyroid, liver, and kidney functions are all normal. My vitamin D and ferritin levels are low. Vitamin D is good for lots of things. Ferritin is your iron stores. My iron levels were normal. Oddly enough, I was on a heavy day of my period when my blood was drawn, just to see how low my iron gets.
I'm incredibly thankful for the SEL Clinic. Because we have insurance through SEL, we don't have to pay anything (even a copay) to be seen there, and have tests done (that they can do in their own lab).
House Update
The siding is almost finished!! They were working on the front of the house last Saturday. The Saturday before that, Jonathan and I were able to work together. We dug a trench for some pipes (or conduit?), and I painted a little bit.
The front yard is also leveled out! The retaining wall is finished, and the lighter grey gable siding is in the house!
The front yard is also leveled out! The retaining wall is finished, and the lighter grey gable siding is in the house!
Life with 3 littles Update
What I've learned about having three:
The older they get, the easier it becomes...sort of... they also fight like cats and dogs....so that's kind of harder haha.
What I'm enjoying right now:
My kids are so hilarious sometimes. They're becoming more and more personable, and social. If Joey tries one of our drinks, or something new to eat, he usually smacks his lips and says "hmm. Not bad". Emmalyn is pretty chatty now. She is our snugglebug, so that's nice. She refuses to walk in stores and such, so that's not exactly helpful, but when I pick her up to carry her, she usually lays her head down on my shoulder, and that's worth the extra 20-something pounds haha.
The older they get, the easier it becomes...sort of... they also fight like cats and dogs....so that's kind of harder haha.
What I'm enjoying right now:
My kids are so hilarious sometimes. They're becoming more and more personable, and social. If Joey tries one of our drinks, or something new to eat, he usually smacks his lips and says "hmm. Not bad". Emmalyn is pretty chatty now. She is our snugglebug, so that's nice. She refuses to walk in stores and such, so that's not exactly helpful, but when I pick her up to carry her, she usually lays her head down on my shoulder, and that's worth the extra 20-something pounds haha.
What our biggest struggles are:
Keeping the house clean is a struggle. The kids just don't get why they have to clean their room. I'd love to just let them keep it messy, and deal with the consequences of if someone steps on toys and breaks them, or if they get dirty or lost, but with a baby that sticks everything he finds in his mouth, and the fact that I have to go in their room to change them, or to help them with things, it's pretty much what I want.
Keeping the house clean is a struggle. The kids just don't get why they have to clean their room. I'd love to just let them keep it messy, and deal with the consequences of if someone steps on toys and breaks them, or if they get dirty or lost, but with a baby that sticks everything he finds in his mouth, and the fact that I have to go in their room to change them, or to help them with things, it's pretty much what I want.
What I'm looking forward to:
Moving! I can't wait to move, and give the kids their own spaces. Joey and Benjamin will share a room, but they get along better than Emmalyn and Joey do. Emmalyn will have her own room. I'm hoping to create Montessori rooms for them (pretty much, give them rooms that they will be able to do everything themselves in. I will be putting their closet rod down to their level, and plastic drawers for their dresser, and a mirror for self-care, and floor beds so that they can comfortably get in and out of bed whenever they want).
Moving! I can't wait to move, and give the kids their own spaces. Joey and Benjamin will share a room, but they get along better than Emmalyn and Joey do. Emmalyn will have her own room. I'm hoping to create Montessori rooms for them (pretty much, give them rooms that they will be able to do everything themselves in. I will be putting their closet rod down to their level, and plastic drawers for their dresser, and a mirror for self-care, and floor beds so that they can comfortably get in and out of bed whenever they want).
No comments:
Post a Comment