Sunday, October 30, 2016

End of October.

Family Update:

The kids and my mom and I were in a small car accident at the end of September. Thankfully, no one was hurt, and I was not cited at all nor was I at fault (a man ran a stop sign and I wasn't able to stop from hitting him). After a week or so, we FINALLY got the go ahead to get new carseats (we HAD to get new ones per each of our old car seats' manuals). After we bought them and sent them our receipt of all 3 new carseats, a week or so later, we were FINALLY reimbursed for them (it was over $500 total). We ended up getting 1 Graco Nautilus (for Joey), and 2 Graco Fit4Me convertible carseats. I love them a lot, and they were so easy to install and they are really easy to get the kids in and out of. Graco has always been my most favorite brand of baby stuff. I don't think we have ever really liked anything that wasn't Graco.

Money is stressful (isn't it always??). Thankfully, we've been saving up for an emergency, but it is still really tight.

We didn't really do much for Halloween. We had our trunk or treat at our church on Friday, and we went down to Lewiston so my mom could take the kids to a pumpkin patch at the end of her street, and that was pretty much it. I have to say, I really enjoyed it being so low-key this year.

Thanksgiving is going to be low-key as well; we don't have any plans yet, and it'll probably be a last minute get together with family, which is fine.

I have no idea what we're doing for Christmas. I think the only gifts we're getting for our little family are ornaments and a toy and maybe some clothes for each kid. But they REALLY don't need anything for Christmas. I think I'd like to help Joey pick out a few toys to donate to someone in need this year. It'll get rid of some of our stuff, help Joey understand that he doesn't need 5 million toys, and he can help someone in need (and learn empathy) all at the same time! There's gotta be like 5 million awesome lessons in this activity!



House Update
The framing inspection was done on Thursday. It passed! That means that insulation can start being put in on the inside!

The electrical is complete, and the siding is a little more than 1/3 done. We have our front door, and our basement door in, and the knobs are in. All the windows are in and were recently calked. We have some can light holders in the kitchen, above where our kitchen island will be. A retaining wall was built in the front of the house, and it looks very sophisticated. Our porch is sooo cute!


Life with 3 littles Update
What I've learned about having three: 
If there are no toys involved, the older two are very good at playing together. If Benjamin can't get down and at least try to play, he's extremely fussy!

What I'm enjoying right now: 
I have a 4 year old now. It's very weird to have such an old child. But he's really good at hugs, and is good at helping his sister and brother when they need it. Emmalyn is going to be 2 on Friday, and she is so sweet. She says hi to everyone at the store, and she just laughs because she knows she's adorable haha. 
What our biggest struggles are: 
Finding time to spend together as a family. Money is tight, and that scares me. I don't know why I'm so scared of not having enough money, because I know that our ward family, or my mom would help us if we were completely down on our luck.
What I'm looking forward to: 
Emmalyn's birthday is Friday! I think Jonathan has the day off, and it will be really nice to do something with her. I'm still trying to figure out a small party for her, but we'll see. She doesn't really have nursery friends (she is just fine playing by herself), so maybe when she turns 3 she can have her first friend party.

No comments:

Post a Comment