Joey will be 4 in less than 2 weeks! I am hoping we can still plan a party for him, with his friends from Primary, and our neighborhood friends.
Emmalyn is talking A LOT now! When we went on the camping reunion, she spent a lot of fun playing time with her cousin, who is a girl, and less than a month older than her, so I think the fact that someone who was so close in age was there to play with, probably helped her vocabulary!
Benjamin is crawling and pushing himself up to sitting now! No teeth yet, but that's okay (since I'm still nursing haha).
Jonathan is still in school, and is passing his classes!
I am dumbing down my lifestyle; I lost my cell phone (my smartphone) during the reunion. I've never been so happy since getting it! I feel like I am slowly breaking away from facebook, and all the internet stuff. I have a dumb phone now, and I can only make calls, and send texts on it, and it's so much less stressful. The only reason I'm upset about losing my cell phone, is that I had lots of pictures on it, and it cost a lot. I know that it's either in Kooskia, or in our stuff somewhere, but either way, it shouldn't be gone forever.
House Update
I need to do a better job of updating on the house.
The plumbing is all finished; the tub/shower combos are in (we have 2 bathrooms that will be finished), and the plumbing for everything else in the entire house (basement included) is ready for sinks and toilets.
The roof is complete! We are working on painting siding; it looks a little blueish grey, which is fine. Our door is going to be a soft light yellow. The trim will be white.
The stairs inside are built, and the little blue boxes that hold the light switches and outlets are in! The electrician also has started on our heaters.
The next step for the house is to get some siding on (we ran out of room in the warehouse to finish painting it, but we got more than half done), paint the rest of it, get the trim on, and finish the electrical.
The plumbing is all finished; the tub/shower combos are in (we have 2 bathrooms that will be finished), and the plumbing for everything else in the entire house (basement included) is ready for sinks and toilets.
The roof is complete! We are working on painting siding; it looks a little blueish grey, which is fine. Our door is going to be a soft light yellow. The trim will be white.
The stairs inside are built, and the little blue boxes that hold the light switches and outlets are in! The electrician also has started on our heaters.
The next step for the house is to get some siding on (we ran out of room in the warehouse to finish painting it, but we got more than half done), paint the rest of it, get the trim on, and finish the electrical.
Life with 3 littles Update
What I've learned about having three:
If there are no toys involved, the older two are very good at playing together. I can tell that the youngest wants to join in, but he's just a bit too young still.
What I'm enjoying right now:
When the younger two go down for naps, Joey and I will sit on my bed, and we'll play a video game together on the tablet. Not the best use of time, but it keeps us entertained, and it's actually a bonding time for us.
If there are no toys involved, the older two are very good at playing together. I can tell that the youngest wants to join in, but he's just a bit too young still.
What I'm enjoying right now:
When the younger two go down for naps, Joey and I will sit on my bed, and we'll play a video game together on the tablet. Not the best use of time, but it keeps us entertained, and it's actually a bonding time for us.
What our biggest struggles are:
Finding time to spend together as a family. We are really busy with lots of different things (the house, work, appointments), and it's hard to just take a breath and slow down.
Finding time to spend together as a family. We are really busy with lots of different things (the house, work, appointments), and it's hard to just take a breath and slow down.
What I'm looking forward to:
Joey's birthday is a week from this Saturday. I bought his gifts tonight, and I'm hoping to plan a party for him.
Joey's birthday is a week from this Saturday. I bought his gifts tonight, and I'm hoping to plan a party for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment