Tuesday, August 2, 2016

End of July

Family Update:

Joey is officially 100% potty trained! He's been dry in his night time underwear, and he hasn't had any accidents in over a month or two.
He's at that stage where he still needs his naps to have a good evening, but he doesn't fall asleep very often until like 5 pm and then that messes everything up. He usually goes right to sleep at bedtime if he hasn't had a nap. I'm not sure if I prefer him to have a nap or no nap...

Emmalyn is doing well. We've had to take a several-weeks break from speech therapy, since everyone has had pink eye, and colds, and just being exhausted.

Benjamin is officially army crawling. He'll be 7 months old on the 12th. I still have enough time to get his 6 month pictures taken!

Jonathan and I are doing okay. Nothing much new with us. 


House Update

We had a wall raising event a couple weeks ago. Jonathan and I raised the last exterior wall by ourselves! That felt pretty good to be able to do that!

All of the interior walls are framed (or almost all of them). Jonathan and I went to measure all of the rooms, just to compare them to what we have now. The house and our current apartment are very similar in size, but we have an extra bedroom, an extra bathroom, and stairs.

Jonathan and I did some math to see how much it would cost to sheet rock the basement, and its doable by Christmas 2017! I am really looking forward to finishing the basement!

Life with 3 littles Update
What I've learned about having three: 
Going anywhere without another adult isn't really possible. I mean, it could be, I would just have to load all the kids in the car (which I do by myself at least once a week), make sure there are enough diapers, wipes, and drinks for everyone, make sure I've got the double stroller packed, and then go to wherever I'm going (I usually am meeting Jonathan there anyway), get the kids out, calm down from the anxiety of worrying about if one of the kids are going to run off and get hit by a car, etc, etc, etc.

Anyway. Its just easier with two adults haha.

What I'm enjoying right now: 
Hearing the older two ask to hold Benjamin. They love Benjamin, and I'm so grateful for that. Makes me feel like I'm not the worst mom in the world to add to our family, and take some attention away from them.
What our biggest struggles are: 
Tantrums. Lots of them. Not losing our (my) cool when they start. Feeling like I need to do everything right and perfect is hard too. 
What I'm looking forward to: 
Their birthdays are coming up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment