Jonathan's brother Justin is getting married on Saturday. I'm sad because the wedding is in Oklahoma, and we aren't able to go (1 roundtrip plane ticket was $350!). They'll have an open house in Kamiah next month, so we're going to that.
Jonathan's brother Jacob got engaged a few days ago. No word on when their wedding is, but I'm sure we'll be going to the wedding, or open house, depending on where they are.
We're moving again! I wrote a blog post about moving, so I'll post that too.
I'm wanting to write a few different blog posts each month or so.,,,
I think I'll do our monthly family updates (which are usually titled with the month name), a house update, a learning update (Joey's preschool style learning), and a "Life with 3 Littles" update.
Family updates:
Jonathan is doing well in school. This is the beginning of his last week of his last English class ever, so he is ecstatic about that haha. He hates English. He will be able to become certified in two different things soon (I can't remember what they are, but it will look really good on a resume is what Jonathan told me).
I recently went to the SEL clinic for my back pain. We all had horrible coughs/colds/pink eye, and my back pain got worse, so I went in. I had 3+ blood in my urine, which can be a sign of something semi-serious. The doctor thought it was a kidney infection or even kidney stones (kidney related because of the lower back pain, and the fact that I didn't have symptoms of a UTI). I took Macrobid for a week, and went back to give another urine sample. I still have 3+ blood in my urine, but NOTHING grew on the culture they took, which means I never had an infection to begin with. Now the doctor thinks I have kidney stones, so that's not great. I had blood drawn to check kidney function, and all of my tests came back within normal range, so I really have no idea what's going on. Hopefully, if I do have stones, they're tiny....
Joey is working on potty training! He is almost doing it all by himself (he'll tell us when he has to go potty sometimes, and we'll say "okay, go ahead and go" and he will go into the bathroom, go, and be done. I think we might start pull ups soon, but we'll see. He hasn't been dry consistently, so I think I'll wait for until he is). He's so close, and it's so exciting!!
He just turned 3.5. I think this is the last "half year" I'll be mentioning. I mean, 1 and a half is a lot different than just 1. I'm going to try to start a sit-down and playing kind of preschool with him. He already knows his letters, and knows a lot of their sounds (if not all of them; I haven't officially "tested" him to see), and his numbers and shapes, so I think this might be for just me to see what he actually does know, and then help him learn stuff he should know by now, etc.
Emmalyn is almost 18 months!! That means she's almost old enough to go to nursery! I think she'll really enjoy it. She loves people, and I hope she'll start talking when she starts nursery. I think she may have speech apraxia. Speech apraxia is when a child can understand everything you're saying to them, and can do what you ask and such, but they can't talk to you. I don't know everything about it, but it sounds A LOT like her. We were getting her evaluated right before she turned 1 year old, but then my pregnancy got more complicated, and we needed to stop so I could relax a bit. Now, I think I'd like to see if nursery will help her talk, and if it doesn't, I think we'll strongly consider speech therapy for her.
She's doing well feeding herself with a spoon! No drinking out of regular cups yet, but she really likes straw cups. She won't let us feed her anymore, which is a good sign in my opinion. I think she may potty train earlier than Joey did; she HATES being in a wet or poopy diaper, and Joey couldn't care less. She still has some issues with foods that are too seasoned.
Benjamin is 3 months old! He loves to smile and coo at us, and he has laughed a few times (it sounds a bit like a hiccup, but it's a laugh). He hasn't rolled over either way yet, but I also don't put him on the floor a lot because the other two could trample him, and I'd rather not worry about that.
She's doing well feeding herself with a spoon! No drinking out of regular cups yet, but she really likes straw cups. She won't let us feed her anymore, which is a good sign in my opinion. I think she may potty train earlier than Joey did; she HATES being in a wet or poopy diaper, and Joey couldn't care less. She still has some issues with foods that are too seasoned.
Benjamin is 3 months old! He loves to smile and coo at us, and he has laughed a few times (it sounds a bit like a hiccup, but it's a laugh). He hasn't rolled over either way yet, but I also don't put him on the floor a lot because the other two could trample him, and I'd rather not worry about that.
There isn't much to say about Benjamin I guess. He's only been here for 3 months, so he hasn't lived as long as his siblings haha.
Here are a few pictures (having a phone that has the Blogger app on it is really helpful for sharing pictures! I might actually start posting them a lot more!).
Here are a few pictures (having a phone that has the Blogger app on it is really helpful for sharing pictures! I might actually start posting them a lot more!).
No comments:
Post a Comment