What I've learned about having three: If you can get all 3 to take a nap at the same time, YOU should seriously take a nap too. Dishes can wait.
What I'm enjoying right now: Again, naptime. I enjoy breaks A LOT.
What I'm enjoying right now: Again, naptime. I enjoy breaks A LOT.
What our biggest struggles are:
It is really hard to go through postpartum depression and anxiety, and PTSD all at once. It's hard when you feel like you have to fix everything (from making sure you aren't going to blow up at the kids again, or make sure that you are holding it together), but I'm done with that. I'm not supermom.
I know that to the public, my kids look happy and healthy, and they are well behaved, but on the inside, I'm not okay right now. For some stupid reason, my life slowly crashed, from having a brand new baby and 2 toddlers, to slowly going downhill for whatever reason, and I turned into some kind of monster.
It is really hard to go through postpartum depression and anxiety, and PTSD all at once. It's hard when you feel like you have to fix everything (from making sure you aren't going to blow up at the kids again, or make sure that you are holding it together), but I'm done with that. I'm not supermom.
I know that to the public, my kids look happy and healthy, and they are well behaved, but on the inside, I'm not okay right now. For some stupid reason, my life slowly crashed, from having a brand new baby and 2 toddlers, to slowly going downhill for whatever reason, and I turned into some kind of monster.
It's hard knowing that you scare your kids (and even yourself) when you're in a fit of rage. It pops out of nowhere, and it's draining. Your kids are crying because Mommy lost it and just yelled at them for eating their breakfast too loud, or the fact that Mommy can't spend time with them because she's trying to not lose her cool for the 5th time today.
It's hard to ask for help, especially when you're "supposed" to do it all. I can't do it all. I'm ONE person, with a husband and 3 littles. My children's well being is more important than my pride.
What I'm looking forward to:
I started Zoloft and Ativan on Friday. I'm looking forward to the day where I feel like I love my kids again. My kids deserve better than a mommy who loses her sh*t multiple times a day. They deserve to be read to, to be played with, and to feel like they are loved and wanted.
I started Zoloft and Ativan on Friday. I'm looking forward to the day where I feel like I love my kids again. My kids deserve better than a mommy who loses her sh*t multiple times a day. They deserve to be read to, to be played with, and to feel like they are loved and wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment