Ten years from now is the subject of today's challenge. I think I'll do the "Now" "5 years" and then "10 years", because I have goals that I want done in 5 years.
The Now:
I'm 23 years old, been married for almost 2 years, and I have a 9 month old son. I stay at home to take care of Joey, and sometimes, I get really freaking tired of it. I'm not saying I don't love my baby, because I do, obviously. I just get jealous sometimes that Jonathan "gets" to go to work, and he is "forced" to interact with other people, thus, having other relationships. I want that, but I'm too afraid. I'm tired of being a hermit mom. I have more of an online relationship with a friend of mine. I've seen her a couple times IRL (In Real Life for you normies haha), and I've known her for years (we graduated together and were in the same Lamaze classes), so it's not like we're complete strangers.
I don't have any degrees, nor have I ever had a job with benefits and 40+ hours a week.
I hardly shower, shave, put on makeup, or deodorant, because I know I'm not going anywhere, nor is anyone coming over. I rarely wear a bra or real pants. If I AM going somewhere, or someone IS coming over, I'll shower, shave, and smell and look nice though.
The 5 Year Plan:
I'll be 28 years old (which is my Golden Birthday!), I'll have been married for almost 7 years, and I'll have an almost 6 year old. I hope I have at least one more child by then, if not 2 more. I plan on homeschooling Joey (and all of our children), and hopefully he'll be in his first or second year of schooling, if he hasn't started already. I hope to have had LASIK by then. I hope to be in our own home by then, and have been in it for a few years, and hopefully be working on the plans for building our new, forever home.
My hope is that Jonathan will have his degree, and we will be able to have a large sum in our savings account.
I hope that I will have more skills such as a higher level of sewing, baking, and just cooking in general.
I hope we have a dog too! Perhaps a Great Dane or a Beagle?
The 10 Year Plan:
I'll be 33...Oh boy. I'm pretty nervous about being in my thirties...I've thought that 30 is old for a while now, and I'm not sure how I feel about getting "old". I always tell people I hope Jesus comes back before then. Maybe I'll be blessed, and He'll return on November 27, 2019 (the day before my 30th birthday).
Not much will hopefully have changed since my 5 year plan. Hopefully we'll be in our forever home, we'll have a few more children, and we'll be going to Disneyland every 5 years.
I'll have been married for almost 12 years, and I'll have an almost 11 year old. I don't know how old our other children will be =P.
I know that God may have other plans for Jonathan and me and our family. In fact, I've been getting the feeling that our plan is the complete opposite of His. I hope, that if our plans do differ, that I will be strong enough to face the trials given to me. I hope I'm a good mother, wife, friend, and person in general.
I feel the same way sometimes about being home with Savannah! I love it so much and I feel so lucky that I can stay home but especially today I just feel like, mostly when she is asleep, that I just do the same things everyday and I wish I had something to change my routine up a bit.
ReplyDelete