I don't think I've actually told many people about the story of how Jonathan and I met.
In the beginning of the summer of 2008 (the Monday after I graduated high school actually), I started working at the LCSC KinderCollege. I met Jenica, and we became friends, doing things together like going to the beach, going shopping, doing girl friend kinds of things (I've never really had close friends after elementary school, so this was pretty exciting to have a close friend again). I also got to know her parents and younger brothers pretty well, even though I wasn't sure how many siblings she really had, or which brother was which haha.
A couple years later, in 2010, she told me that her brother Jonathan was coming home from his mission, and asked me if I wanted to go meet him at the airport with her and her family. I said "ehhh, maybe..." since I knew Mormons were "weird", except Jenica wasn't...She had taken me to church a few times, and I got to know more about her church, and I felt more comfortable with it as I learned what LDS members really believe.
The day after Jenica (and Jonathan's) birthday, Jenica and I were driving, and she said that we should go to the airport. I would have felt bad if I had said no, and I decided that if worse became worst, I could always just leave, since her family was there, so I decided to go to the airport.
I don't remember how long we waited for Jonathan. This picture was taken before his plane even landed. I'm obviously nervous because I was playing with my hair....
Jenica and her sister Kaylynn started joking about Jonathan and I getting married and how funny it would be because that's how their parents met: Scott came off the plane (getting home from his mission), and Julie (and her friend, who is also Scott's sister) were waiting at the airport for Scott....small world...
So there I was, waiting for some guy I had never met. My mind was racing, thinking, "What will he think of me?", "Is he going to try to convert me!?", "Do Jenica and Jonathan have the telepathy thing that I've heard twins have?" and probably a million more questions.
And then his plane landed. I just about wet my pants.
And then he walked through the glass doors....
My first thought was "He looks so different than the pictures Jenica showed me! He looks a bit heavier than he did in the pictures!"
Jenica and Jonathan (before his mission)
So he came in, and I think he hugged his dad first. Then I think his mom, and then his sisters, and then his brothers, and then he shook my hand haha! I was a little offended that he didn't hug me, but I'm a hugger, and he didn't know me, plus, there's a rule about hugging girls (that aren't family) before you're released from your calling as a missionary.
Jenica and I then drove to Kiwanis Park for Jonathan's homecoming party. I tried to talk to Jonathan a few times, but he kept playing with his brothers, and I was too nervous to interrupt them haha.
Later in August, or early September, Jenica and I went up to Kamiah to visit with her family and we all played night games. I had never been at their house at night, so I had no idea where I was going and I was terrified that I'd be eaten by a wolf...Then Jonathan came up and grabbed my hand and guided me everywhere and it was so romantic haha. We had a lot of fun that night.
Later in September, we became "officially" boyfriend and girlfriend.
Jonathan left the last week of December (we're still in 2010) to go to BYU-ID for school. He was going to be moving about 12 hours away! We kept in contact and decided not to break up. I went to visit him in February for Valentine's Day (of 2011)(I think I was trying to keep it a surprise, but he ended up finding out before I left anyway). I stayed for about a week and I stayed with his cousin and his wife.
We got engaged in June of 2011, and we were married on August 20, 2011.
I love my husband. Its hard to believe he loves me even though I'm a brat most of the time. He doesn't think I'm weird at all, and I love him to death, and I can't wait to spend eternity with him!




I love it! That is so cute that that is the same thing that happened with his parents!
ReplyDelete