Friday, March 1, 2019

Happy 2019!

Lots to update about! The last time I updated the blog, it was August. So much has happened since then.


Baby number 5 is on their way! Due in June sometime. I'm currently making the switch to my regular OBGYN group. I tried establishing primary care with a family practitioner, but she isn't very nice or respectful. Sadly, after this baby is born, I'll still be on the hunt for a good primary care provider. We had the anatomy scan a week ago, and baby is measuring EXACT for dates, based on the first ultrasound, and is looking perfect, no worries there!


Joey started public school....got sick quite a bit, which I know is normal, made a few friends, and obsessed over his teacher (to the point that it was unhealthy). He got injured 3 different times, twice by other children, and I was only notified of the one time he got hurt from falling. We also never got notified of his Christmas recital (and they had notified us of other, much less exciting things, over a week beforehand).

We pulled Joey from public school in the beginning of December. The lack of respect at home, and the fact that he wasn't getting home until 4pm and then was too tired to even talk with us, was the starting point for me to want to pull him. Little things here and there just added up to make that decision.

We've been doing well. I ordered curriculum at the beginning of January, and we've been doing a few lessons a day. I'm grateful to be able to homeschool. I ordered curriculum for Emmalyn too, and she's doing 1 lesson a day and is doing well too. They both are always asking when they can do their school work (we do it when Perrin has gone down for his nap, or when Jonathan gets home, depending on how the day is going).

Emmalyn is potty trained! Her last accident was at the end of the day of her birthday party. She still wears a diaper at night (cheaper than night time pants), but we're in an excellent spot as far as how many diapers we have to buy.

Benjamin is saying a lot more words now, and is really good at building things. He argues with us over which letters and colors are which, but we'll get there. He's a brand new 3 year old, so it isn't like we're in a hurry. I'd like to start his potty training soon, but I think we'll have 3 in diapers again. While I guess I'll have to be okay with that, I'd rather get Benjamin at least into cloth diapers again.

Perrin is 11 months old, and is pulling himself up everywhere. He prefers crawling still, but could probably walk if he really wanted to. The other 2 boys didn't walk until 14.5 months old, so I'm not worried about him being behind. He has 6 teeth still (hasn't gotten any new ones in months), and eats just about everything we do, minus really acidic foods like anything tomato based. He loves fruit, and has tried several different veggies, and will eat carrots and broccoli happily. He has started to wean himself off formula (we make him a 6 ounce bottle and he'll usually not finish it). It makes me glad that he's going to be an easy one to get off formula.

With the tax refund, we'll purchase a ton of fun homeschool stuff, like manipulative toys, maybe some child-sized household items (like a broom and dust pan, pitchers so they can pour their own drinks at dinner, some fun learning placemats for at the table, those kinds of things). We have a toy bin shelf thing that has several bins to put different toys in. I'd love to bring that upstairs and fill it with all new (or new to us) educational toys. We brought the small cubby-shelf thing upstairs a couple weeks ago, and brought up tons of the books we have (we probably only brought up a third and there are 2 shelves totally full).


We had 4 (well 5 if you count mine) birthdays since I last updated! Everyone is growing well, and is learning new things everyday.

Not much else NEW has happened. The usual Christmas and Thanksgiving happened. We had gifts and food, and lots of relaxation and stress (Jonathan relaxed, I stressed haha). I made Perrin's stocking, and I'll need to make another one before next Christmas for this 5th baby.


Plans for 2019:

Homeschool the older two with workbooks, reading books, toys, field trips, outside time, friend time, and fun activities and crafts. Homeschool Benjamin and Perrin (and the new baby) with the same exact things, just no workbooks haha.

Get our new refrigerator (with the tax refund). Meal plan, meal prepping healthily Sunday nights, without having to worry if I'll have enough room for it all, and without worrying that I'll rip my toenail off again because we're getting the french door kind of fridge (oolalah!). Update: Our fridge should be here on the 7th!!

Get Jonathan back in school to finish that degree! He's so close and is refreshed from his break. 

Take 1 trip this summer. We can't decide if we should go to Triple Play in CDA or go to Boise for a few different fun things. I think I like Boise, but it is more expensive, but that's okay, just means we need to plan for it a bit more.

Have a healthy baby in June!

Get organized and get the kids to be more helpful around the house, and help them learn how to help without being asked (like cleaning their rooms without me having to tell them for the 5 millionth time).

Go outside a lot more than we have been. Right now we probably have 3 inches of snow, with it pouring snow down still. I hate going out in the cold. Our city is building a new park less than 2 blocks away from where we live, and it's supposed to be a BIG one (band shell amphitheater, seating for it, a covered patio area, a splash pad, two different playgrounds, a sledding hill, and a couple other things are supposed to go in). They're starting the playground job in a month or two, so it'll be perfect timing for us! UPDATE on the snow: we have at least a foot of snow in our front yard. I'm really hoping this is the last of the snow.


2 comments:

  1. Boise has so many fun things for kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was obsessed with the aquarium. He'd rather go there than the zoo (I would too, it's shorter). We got a couple baby carriers to try out, so we're good to go when the weather is haha. Now we just have to decide if we'd rather go before or after the baby is born.

      Delete