Saturday, April 28, 2018

Perrin Daniel

Perrin Daniel is here!!
He weighed 8lb 1oz and was 20 inches long.

I got induced again. I'm actually really unimpressed with the doctors this time. It almost seems like everyone is realizing how bad another medical clinic is, so they decided to come all the way up to Moscow or Pullman to see these OBs, and now there's no good attention for the people who really need it.....

I was supposed to be induced at 39 weeks if not before. I was induced at 39w5d. I was really mad about that....At 38 and a few days, I asked them to check me at my NST. The nurse refused because she believes that all babies should be born at 40 weeks....

Anyway. I don't have a huge long birth story this time....

I got induced March 1st (I shouldn't have had a March baby.....), at about 8am. It took them forever to get the IV in. They started Pitocin without Cervadil the night before this time, like I wanted. The Pitocin took forever to start working, but once it did, my labor was 2 hours long I guess. I got an epidural again, and it worked for the most part. Tons of pressure, and I felt everything after the initial meds wore off haha.

I think Benjamin was my quickest with pushing, but Perrin is a close second. Perrin had the biggest head out of everyone, and I definitely felt that haha.

Perrin didn't latch on immediately, and he didn't eat in the first hour. They had a nurse come in and hand express me....which was really annoying, but at least he got the colostrum....He didn't feed well in that first day. Jonathan had to syringe feed him the first time, and then he latched on a few times. They drew blood from Perrin and he had moderate jaundice (the most out of all the kids I guess), and they almost kept him....They let us go home, and we went back a few days later and he was fine, just like Benjamin was.


After all of this, and how rude all the medical people were, and how little say I got in all of it (or, if I did get a say, I was not respected), I know that if we ever have any more babies, I'll be having them with a midwife and not at Gritman.

I plan on getting healthy now, and eating less junk, more veggies, and less carbs. I'm just done with gestational diabetes. It was so minor with the first two, and no one seemed to be concerned in the slightest. I had my first ever insulin shot during labor with Perrin. I didn't feel it at all, so that's not a big deal. I'm just tired of the doctors not caring about one thing that seems like a big deal to me, and then making a huge deal out of nothing the next.


I don't know if we're done having babies. We are for at least 1-3 years haha.


Perrin has been doing really well. He gained 2 inches in less than 10 days! He's like 97th percentile for his length, so that's kind of neat. He looks so much different than everyone else. I think he looks the most like Emmalyn, but still is his own person. His eyes are definitely brown, and he already lost most of his hair, but what is growing back looks like a dark brown.



2 comments:

  1. Glad he is growing so well. Sorry you didn't have a great experience with the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if we have any more babies, I'll seriously look into the midwife. I'd love to have a natural birth too haha. I just want to be left alone and be able to do whatever I want during labor. I wasn't able to walk around as much this time because they HAD to have his heartrate at all times, unless I was going to the bathroom, so that was super not fun. I was able to walk around the halls once for like 5 minutes, and thankfully, that was enough to get things going and I didn't get cabin fever from being in the bed the entire time (but the labor wasn't that long I guess). Oh well. Maybe there will be a next time :)

      Delete