Sunday, December 3, 2017

November and December

November went by really fast!

Emmalyn turned 3, and had a party on the 11th. I turned 28 on the 28th, which means it was my Golden Birthday! Emmalyn's Golden Birthday is next year, and I'm excited to plan her first friend party!

We had my mom, and my brother and sister in law, and my nephew up for Thanksgiving. We bought a turkey from our local smoke pit. I didn't realize what smoked turkey would be like, and was a little grossed out by the turkey itself, but that's okay. Everyone else said they really liked it, so I was happy.

We've tried potty training Emmalyn more than once....I think she was ready when Benjamin was less than a year old, but I wasn't ready for that extra work at that point. Hopefully, she'll be ready again, and it'll go really smoothly, like it did with Joey.
Benjamin has been acting like he's ready for potty training, but I'm not sure if we should try with him...He can't even reach the toilet to get on it...so that would be a big deal to have to take him and physically put him on the toilet every single time he needed to go....I'm probably just thinking that way because I'm already exhausted with this pregnancy haha.

I was 27 weeks pregnant yesterday. I had an ultrasound on Friday, and baby's measuring right on track (46% for weight at that gestational age, although, the tech said the baby's head was a bit large, but we'll see if that evens out haha), so I feel pretty good that I'm eating well, and not too much or too little.


This December has been pretty mild as far as the weather goes. Jonathan fixed the snowblower that someone from our ward was getting rid of (we also got a rototiller from them), and wants to use it, so that's probably why we have no snow haha.

Tonight is the last night of Nativities Around the World. After the kids wake up from their naps, I think we're going to go. We didn't go last year, so I'm excited to go again.

We still need to purchase gifts for several people. I have to say, I'm not a fan of Christmas gift shopping itself. I like giving gifts, and I would LOVE to make gifts, but making gifts are usually just things people don't really want or need.


I'm working on our family's Christmas stockings. I let everyone pick out the pattern of fabric they wanted. I have the boys' done, and now just have to finish mine and Emmalyn's. I made Emmalyn's birthday gifts (3 cloth pretend diapers, pretend wipes and wipes case, and a blanket for her baby doll). I was hoping to sew more for Christmas, like matching ties for the boys, which is actually incredibly difficult if you want them made perfectly; and a Christmas dress for Emmalyn, because all the store bought dresses are incredibly short on her. I actually got an "Easy" pattern to test out, and it was easy, but she doesn't match one size of a pattern (she's like a 2 in her bodice and arm area, but a 6 - not exaggerating - in length, which isn't difficult to change, but the bodice part of the dress is difficult to alter). Hopefully, I can try again in the next year and cut the pattern out exactly the right size. Maybe I can make her Easter dress instead. Hopefully I can find a Christmas dress for her that is actually long enough haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment