Thursday, May 26, 2016

May

This month was pretty busy.

Emmalyn turned 18 months old this month, which means she was finally old enough for nursery! Yay!

Joey and Emmalyn recently got over the chicken pox. They both had pretty mild cases of it. At first, I thought Joey was just getting a rash that he will sometimes get if he has peed a lot during the night. The next few days though, it wasn't diminishing, and then it scabbed over, and I never saw him scratch or pick at it.
Emmalyn's case was a bit worse. She had it all over her bum and diaper area, and hers seemed to bother her somewhat. All she would do was try to scratch her bottom up against the wall or door, which was pretty cute :)

Thankfully, Benjamin didn't get them.

We switched Joey to cloth diapers. He doesn't poop in diapers anymore, so I figured it'd be really easy to clean up a cloth diaper, and only use a disposable diaper at night, when he pees the most, and doesn't really have the control yet. Yesterday, he was dry most of the day! We stayed home though, so he was able to get up and go whenever he wanted, and he wasn't completely distracted by much. We went to my mom's house today, and he peed through 2 or 3 cloth diapers, so that was a bummer, but he's getting there! He knows when he pees in the "cloth" as we call it (not "cloth diapers").

Benjamin is 4.5 months old now. He wants to sit up so bad haha.


House update:
Today, the Codger Crew (a group of older men who are the main volunteers who are helping us build our home) leveled off the top of the basement. They also marked a few spots for the plumbers to come in and put in the underfloor plumbing. We know where the laundry room, the stairs, and a bathroom will be (or at least roughed in and plumbed). It's so exciting!!
They won't be working this Saturday, because it's Memorial Day weekend.
From what they've said, they seem to be about a week behind, but that's okay. It gives us more time to get more hours in.



Life with 3 Littles update:

What I've learned about having three: 
Benjamin is at the point where he is staying awake more throughout the day. This is the time I was most afraid of when I was pregnant with him; the time when all three are awake, and need me, or are just running wild in the house, and I can't control it. I know in a few months, it'll be my new normal, but my house is already a huge mess of laundry, toys, and dishes that I can't keep up with!

I think we've finally hit the point of needing a chest freezer. Jonathan asked me what I would put in a deep freezer (he wants one too, but was curious if I actually had a list of things). My own list: Frozen pizzas, frozen veggies, breastmilk, meat (from the store, and from hunting), ice cream (of course!), soups, crockpot dinners, etc. See? I have a great list! :)

I have also found out that I cannot carry Emmalyn and Benjamin at the same time very well. The first time I tried was a week or so ago, and I almost dropped Benjamin. I'm looking into getting a double stroller. I feel like we really are going to need one if we want to go somewhere with just me and the kids. Joey is pretty good about walking on his own, and holding my hand, but Emmalyn isn't. She can walk, but she's slower, and obviously doesn't have the mental capacity to understand what would happen if she got run over by a car. Joey can't make her hold his hand. He also can't carry her for me, or pull her out of harm's way if needed.

What I'm enjoying right now: 
The brighter days. I took some 18 month pictures of Emmalyn, and they turned out really cute!
What our biggest struggles are: 
Getting everyone quiet enough to listen to me, or to hear myself think. 
What I'm looking forward to: 
I still would like to lose some weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment