My blood pressure had been extremely borderline. Earlier in my pregnancy it was quite normal (120s/60s). My new normal blood pressure reading is mid-130s/high 80s (the highest it could go without being super concerning is 140/90).
I've had 2 non stress tests (NSTs) weekly since December. Baby has always been reacting normally (heart rate increases with movement, and he meets the acceleration requirements). My blood pressure is really the only concerning issue. It has been slowly rising.
During my 4-5 hour stay at the hospital for my first NST and a check-on-baby ultrasound, it turned out I was having contractions every 2-4 minutes and they were a 3 or 4 on the pain scale, so I was diagnosed (is that the right word?) with preterm labor at almost 34 weeks (but not quite). Since I wasn't 34 weeks yet, the doctor could still stop labor. I got several blood and urine tests, and a few different swabs. I ended up getting a shot to stop labor, which stung pretty bad, and made me feel really hyper. I also got steroid shots for baby's lungs, in case he was going to be born in the next week or two. Those went into my hip, and those stung and left me sore.
When I was kept overnight on Friday night to Saturday, they did NSTs every 8 hours. Baby took a while to make his acceleration count (he was moving and his heart rate was fine, they just had to get a specific kind of acceleration) on my last one.
My blood pressure was taken every 2 hours I was awake, every 4 asleep. The highest I saw was 134/95, and it was /95 twice in a row, and it was in the /90s a few different times. I was in strict bed rest in the hospital, which makes that high blood pressure a little more concerning.
My blood sugars were all good at the hospital. In fact, they may have been considered low.
Everything came back fine (urine tests) at my overnight stay. My blood work said that my creatinine level was elevated, but they're just going to keep an even closer eye on me (the doctor made it sound urgent that I schedule NSTs every 3 days, which I have been doing).
I also had an ultrasound in Friday night, and baby was measuring 6lbs 14oz, which was my own birth weight (he was measuring only a day ahead, and fluid levels looked great).
And here we are, 37 weeks 1 day. Induction is scheduled for Sunday or Monday if he doesn't come on his own. I'm hoping to go into labor on my own. I want him to definitely be ready, and I really want to avoid a c section. I'm on modified bed rest (getting up only to pee, eat, shower, etc, but avoiding a lot of other things, like lifting, exercise, etc, and I'm having a hard time following the rules....).
This has been my roughest pregnancy. It wasn't planned, and I've had serious problems that could turn deadly in a matter of hours. I haven't been physically able to hold my other babies in several months. They need me to be there, and it's heartbreaking to tell them I can't do certain things.
No comments:
Post a Comment