Monday, November 9, 2015

November

I'm pregnant again! Very unexpected. We are having another BOY and that's pretty exciting. I'm due January 24th ish. My EDD (the estimated due date I got when I plugged in my dates into an online calculator) is January 27. The other two were born exactly 10 days before my EDD, so I'm expecting this one on January 17th haha.

He looks VERY different than the other two on ultrasound; his head looks differently shaped, maybe even bigger. He moves a lot like Joey does. I've only gained like 5 or 6 pounds, but I was overweight to begin with...

I do have gestational diabetes again. Not surprised. This time though, I've been put on Glyburide, and it's been working okay. On Saturday, my blood sugar dropped to 71 (it shouldn't go under 63), and I was already shaking and sweating pretty badly. I drank some milk, and ate like 8 or 9 Reese's PB cups, and was feeling a lot better no more than 10 minutes later. This medicine should keep this baby from getting tons of sugar, and it should keep MY blood sugar down to a healthy range. My fasting number this morning was 96! That's GREAT because for a pregnant woman, it needs to be under 100, and I haven't had one under 100 in a few months.

I did hit a depression this time. I was very upset about being pregnant again. I felt like it wasn't fair to Joey and Emmalyn; I was just getting into our routine with 2. Emmalyn was growing out of her stomach issues, and her high needs phase....or so it seemed. Maybe I was just handling it better, IDK. I was finally able to spend time with Joey without feeling like I was neglecting Emmalyn, and vice versa.

I found out at about 3 weeks that I was pregnant this time. I announced it on Halloween, which was around the start of my 3rd trimester. I'm starting to feel a little better about life now. I'm thankful that this baby is a boy. If it had been another girl, I would have felt even worse for Emmalyn because she wouldn't be the baby girl anymore. But now, I can have my baby girl, my baby boy, and my big boy (Joey)!

I feel like this is going to be our last baby. I said that with Emmalyn, but I'd like to actually go on some kind of medicine or something for after this one is born. I'm not sure if I want to be done permanently. I'm getting a little sad whenever I go looking in stores to buy Emmalyn new clothes (she's finally growing out of the 9 month stuff and into 12 month, and some 18 month!), and I'm getting sad that I'll never be buying tiny baby girl clothes ever again, so I don't think I want to make the end a permanent one.

Joey turned 3 in October. Still not potty trained, but we're sort of working on that. I fully expect 3 in diapers at the end of January.

Emmalyn turned 1 year old 5 days ago. She's walking pretty well, not 100% of the time, but close to it. 

Jonathan and I are fine I guess haha. My birthday is at the end of the month, and I'll be in my mid-twenties. Not sure how I feel about that. Oh well. Age is just a number right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment