Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hello 2014!

I know, I'm pretty late to welcome the new year. I'm pretty late to get out Christmas/New Year's cards...and in 2 days, it'll be late for Valentine's Day cards....

Well, we moved! We're in Moscow now, and thank goodness the weather here took a turn for the better (knock on wood).

Our apartment is very small. I trip over everything because we have no place to put a lot of our stuff....We are praying that a duplex opens up at the end of May/early June. A friend of mine lives in one, and they are SO nice.

Jonathan will be returning to school (at U of I, Go Vandals!) this fall. SEL will pay pretty much 100% of his schooling, but he can only take 2 classes a semester, which will equal out to at least 5 years of school. I'm not sure how I feel about all of it; on one hand, we won't have to pay tens of thousands of dollars for school, but on the other hand, I don't want to stay in an apartment for at least 5 more years....

I guess I'm taking two days to write this...it's officially too late for Valentine's Day cards...or at least on-time ones.

Jonathan, Joey, and I went to Spokane for the day (2/14). Jonathan got me a remote starter for the Expedition, so I don't have to wait 20 minutes in a freezing cold car! =) We ended up just walking around the malls, and we played in an arcade. Joey loved it! He got to press a lot of buttons and got a lot of tickets, so he was pretty happy.

I finally started my cake decorating classes at Michael's (the first instructor up and quit on them, and then it took them a week or two to find another one). I knew about half the information given in class, but it was only the first of four classes, so I'm happy that there's a lot more to learn. There is a total of four courses, and each of those courses have 4 classes. Next week we get to decorate our own cake! I'll get some pictures on here to show ya! ;)

Jonathan got officially accepted to U of I. He was worried he wasn't going to get in. I knew he would because he is, put simply, a genius. He found out that it might not take 5 years, but a little less, to finish his degree. I am SO excited about that. Jonathan has some other things in the works, so I think I'll let him give his own update later on.

Joey started walking when he was about 14.5 months old. That's later than when both Jonathan and I started walking (I was under a year, and Jonathan I think was just under a year as well). I guess there are studies that say that the longer a baby crawls, the better they'll be at reading....we'll see!

We're planning on taking a trip somewhere in the western US this year, and we're not sure where to go. I'd prefer to drive, just so we can take our bigger stroller (Jonathan and I trip over the umbrella stroller or we'd take that stroller, plus, we paid a lot for the travel system, and I'd like to actually use it). If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

So that's our update! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment